Commando Dagger help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
Found this on a car boot sale and wondering how to date it or more to the point, is it worth anything.
Thanks guys

evyve6y8.jpg

2u4age4e.jpg

Cant see this but it says Nowill &sons, sheffield, england

ty4e5e6u.jpg

The diamond has what looks like a letter H in it

u6aze8a6.jpg

Crossed keys with a letter D and a star above it

Any help is most welcome.
Cheers

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
You can still buy this version brand new for about £35.As far as i know its not a genuine issue item..just made with military markings for the civilian market.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Nowell & son are not that good a quality, i got one recently as i'd always wanted a "comando knife", but the qc on mine is poor. I had considerd giving it to my son to take to Afghan with him(not that i think he'll need it)but i'm not happy with the quality, so would hate it to fail should he need to use it.

Rob

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
You can still buy this version brand new for about £35.As far as i know its not a genuine issue item..just made with military markings for the civilian market.
yep, the markings are good but not quite as clear as the genuine thing. The knife itself is well made, carbon steel blade. Might chop it down and make a novelty striker out of it :)

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
A fiver ?, good on you, i paid more than that. I've been thinking about shortening mine, might do when it gets a bit warmer so i can spend a bit more time in the garage.

Rob

outdoorpaddy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Looks like a Fairbairn Sykes British Commando Knife. Issued during WW2 to British Commandos (funnily enough), SAS and other operational units at the time. The genuine ones were made in sheffield i think. The long and slender design is such that you would be able to stab an enemy with it between the ribs and puncture vital organs, nasty stuff. Nice knife though!
Hope this helps!

paddy

Supertanker

Jan 22, 2013
Brighton
I'm pretty sure the originals had brass type handles and the knurling was diamond shaped rather than ribbed. Also the blades were more pointy if that makes sense. This one is Definately a reproduction.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE