Coleman Viper tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester
Had a look at a few reviews on outdoorsmagic and they were pretty positive.

Anyone here got one - any comments? I'm sure I recall seeing a photo in the gallery.

I don't really need a tent, just fed up with my Wild Country Mistral and fancy replacing it with both something alot bigger and something smaller/lighter.

I've just seen this tent for sale at £39 - seems rude not at the price. Looks to be be a decent sized ridiculously cheap 1 man tent (weight 2kg or less)

twelveboar

Forager
Sep 20, 2005
County Durham
I've got a Coleman Boa, which is the slightly larger one and it is excellent, but one of the zips is crap, and this is something I would make a point of checking if you get one.

pinty

Mar 24, 2006
London
Where are they selling the Coleman Viper for £39.99? Can't seem to find on Google, there is a Dealclick link but it comes up with an error page...

Ta

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester
I ordered mine on monday from Norwich Camping but they also have them at http://www.camperlands.co.uk for the same price (but with postage on top)

Just arrived this lunchtime by courier :) (APC Overnight).
Tent come with two bags, discarding the unnecessary outer one it weighs 2.05kg all in (inc all supplied pegs and repair kit).

Jack Tar

Apr 20, 2006
Hampshire
Can you let us know how you get on with the Coleman Viper Beamdune?

I don't have a clue about tents, and have gone somewhat "snowblind" trying to figure out if I can get a decent little 1-2 man tent for around £50.(I'm on a budget, trying to get my kit together!)

The Viper seems ideal.

Norwich Camping and Leisure also do a Wynnster Cairn 1 which looks pretty good too. (albeit at a tenner more than the Viper)

Any feedback would be a great help!

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester
Jack Tar said:
Can you let us know how you get on with the Coleman Viper Beamdune?

I don't have a clue about tents, and have gone somewhat "snowblind" trying to figure out if I can get a decent little 1-2 man tent for around £50.(I'm on a budget, trying to get my kit together!)

The Viper seems ideal.

Norwich Camping and Leisure also do a Wynnster Cairn 1 which looks pretty good too. (albeit at a tenner more than the Viper)

Any feedback would be a great help!

Will do. Just unpacked it in the house. With just the one pole, it's not freestanding but after lying inside I'd said it feels quite airy with a lot of headroom - definitely a 1 man tent though! It's half mesh so that should should reduce condensation/increase draughts.

My criteria for this tent was the lightest cheapest thing that'd fit me in it and so far it seems to fit the bill.

Will probably be using it the 1st weekend in June so I'll see how it goes.

http://www.completeoutdoors.co.uk have video clips of their tents pitched. They have one of the Cairn 1. It's a fair bit heavier than the Coleman but is a much more subdued colour - looks more aerodynamic too (at the expense of headroom).

Might be worth giving Norwich camping a ring though to see what their stock is. I faffed about for a couple of weeks last month, deliberating whether to buy a tent (a half price Lightwave jobby from Jackson Sports). Eventually decided to go for it then found it was sold out - gutted.

Slaine

Sep 23, 2005
Canterbury
Bought one of these for myself at the end of last years camping season...

Mongoose Tent

Packs down small and light and there is plenty of room inside for me and my kit. Haven't tried it outdoors yet, only pitched it so far on the inhospitible north face of my living room :rolleyes:

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester
I used my tent for the first time at the weekend in the Lake District. Here's what I thought.

Small footprint so easy to find a flat(ish) spot.
Easy enough to pitch BUT I don't like the pegs - not entirely sure why but I just don't. Rather than just being a simple hook shape at the top the metal is bent right round into a loop.
Pretty roomy and doesn't feel like you're in a coffin (not that I ever have been) but it is quite dark inside.

I was using a Nanok Endurance sleeping bag (the -10) and I was cold :confused: The tent inner is half mesh so must have contributed to this but I'm beginning to think I'm a cold sleeper.

It didn't rain and was still so I can't really comment on its wet or windy weather performance.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE