Cold steel brave heart review.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Having owned a Brave Heart for over a year now I think it thoroughly deserves it's well overdue review.

The 7 3/4" Cold Steel Brave Heart (replacement model for the former Culloden) is a traditional Scottish Sgian Dubh (knife black) but with a practical no frills 21st century tactical makeover.
The 4" Japanese AUS-8A needle sharp (personal experience) steel spear point blade is perfectly proportioned, polished and with a cutting edge that is Razor sharp strait from the box. After months of use the edge has held up very nicely with only the occasional stropping.

The full length tang has a very comfortable super grippe textured kraton grip a handy lanyard eye and with its stylish scabbard this knife looked great from the start.
This however was my first knife with a Secure-Ex sheath and after my initial doubts and concerns I am now a total convert as the low profile sheath, belt clip and mount options have held up perfectly and still hold's the knife reassuringly secure.

Very much the traditionalist in Scottish blades, over the years I have owned and thrown away two or three sgian dudh’s all very poor ceremonial rubbish, this is the first quality boot knife that I am delighted to own and use. At around £30 -$50 probably the best Sgian dubh on the market today.

Designed by Lynn C. Thompson, Cold Steel Knives.
For quality of manufacture, design and value for money 10 /10.
Can you tell I like it?

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Great! .......another thing i didnt know i needed, and at an affordable price too, damn you!

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I had one, but moved it on.
It's a decent blade, but I didn't like the grind.
The intersecting arcs forming the cutting edge at the throat of the blade irritates me. You lose a lot of cutting edge there.
I prefer the Culloden.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE