coffee

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I usuallu use instant if only making a single cup for myself. Or sometimes the single brew coffee bags.

However if making a pot for the camp I use the regular blue or black enamel cowboy coffee pot. Just bring the water to a boil then remove it from the heat. After a minute or so add the coffee grounds gently. They'll settle toward the bottom as they syeep. NEVER add the grounds to boiling water; that temp will bring out the bitter tanins.

I've experimented with measuring the grounds into ruglar home coffee filters and stapling them shut before dropping into the pot with good results too.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
The cafedirect cups are brilliant. My last one was about 3 years old when it gave up the ghost and it was used daily not just for the woods. Coffee lately has been either of the Lavatza flavours or Illi.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Yes, but I doubt if you can get Luzianne over there. Nor Community.

Edit to add that this post is in response to the request for reccomended coffes.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE