Cleaning up.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I thought about that but I'd like to be able to use them more than once.

Thanks to all who've replied, I'l give the boiling water in the pan approach a go :)

Scouring pad and washing up liquid is by far the easiest method, just heat a little water up and away you go. No need to use boiling water if you are going to cook hot food in it next time and the detergent stops the pad getting greasy. Ask you mum to keep a small shampoo bottle for you to store your washing up liquid in.

Do you not do any washing up at home then young Asa;)

Intertidal

Forager
Jan 26, 2008
Cornwall
I eat outa the pan anyway. Clean up with bracken, dry grass or moss which can the be burned. I also carry a small plastic squeegy bottle (from one of those multipacks of small plastic bottles/jars) full of Ecover washing up liquid. Just remember to dispose of the suds well away from a water course.
On longer backpacking trips I carry a tube of liquid detergent for washing clothes too - available in most supermarkets.

Nck

Ishmael

May 4, 2009
Somewhere They Can't Find Me
I'm the same as everybody else and try to keep washing up to a minimum, eat out of the pot, boil up some water afterwards, and give a good rinse. Sometimes, if there is a lot of washing up or the pots are very dirty, I'll dig a small hole in the ground, lay my waterproof poncho in it to make a natural bowl, fill it with hot water, then add Lifeventure biodegradable soap. I'm not sure if it's intended for washing pots, but it works for me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE