Choosing A Pair Of Boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I want to get some new boots. But I can't make up my mind between the following - either Magnum Scorpions in black:
http://www.silvermans.co.uk/Product...GNUM+SCORPION+BOOTS/ItemId/14374/Default.aspx

Or these, from Mountain Warehouse:
http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/mens/footwear/hiking-boots/-kestrel-wat-boot-p4738.aspx

Anyone got any experience of either? I'm particularly interested in hearing from anyone who has the Kestrel boots from Mountain Warehouse - I prefer the look of them and they'd be my first choice (unfortunately our local store didn't have them!).
Not really looking for other recommendations just yet, so appreciate you not offering them.
Cheers.

whitey3192

Forager
Oct 23, 2010
North yorkshire
ive used magnums in cold weather and also the desert boot in iraq and had no problems al all, they are a good, rugged, rough and ready type of boot, and if looked after (i.e. polished and cleaned etc) will take you anywhere you want to go.

BorisTheBlade

Dec 3, 2010
London
I have literally tried pretty much every boot I could to find ones that actually fit me. You start with high expectations only trying boots you know to have good review but end up just trying everything in stores to find the illusive fit. (Go Outdoor has the largest range I have found yet in London). It turns out that the Mammut Trail GTX XT or w/e is the ONLY boots to fit my foot shape properly. It feels amazing and looks great but review tend to be "best boot ever" or "best boot ever... until the sole fell clean off X months later". I was going to swap them for something else but then came to the realisation that they are the only boots that fit me, so why not just use them until the sole comes off and simply send them back. At least with a documented problem it will tend to be no questions asked.

What I am trying to say is, if the boot fits, buy it. :)

I would only buy online if it is a Brand you have used/worn before and you know what size you need in them, the size of boots varies so much between brands.

I recently bought some boots from Cotswolds, It ended up taking 2 hours to get a pair of boots thanks to a brilliant shop assistant who did me a full fitting, measured my feet, tried loads of boots and came away with a great fitting pair.

I would at least go and get your feet properly measured, alot of people dont know what size they actually are; especially width wise.

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
I am a massive fan of the magnums, as well as british military issue boots. Enough support yet enough flex in the magnums, and fairly light too. Overall a great bit of kit IMO. Have no experience of the other pair im afraid.

Still have my issued magnums and combat boots from when i first entered service over 10 years ago, and both pairs have seen extensive use. What does that tell you about their durability?

Hope my 2 pence worth helps...

Oct 6, 2008
Cheshire
I have been wearing Magnums at work now for years and generally like em. But I do find that I'm slipping all over the place in this weather. I don't know if here is a grippier product they do , or if there is a way of improving the grip.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE