Chobham Common? Bracknell Forest/Surrey Hills? Anygood?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I live pretty much slap bang in the middle of them all... and all jolly nice places to visit Matey... chobam common is nice and quite heathy and open, Bracknell forest is lovely (mainly pines and birches)...

Sure you'll enjoy a wonder in any of them :D

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Which mansion is yours then?? :)

Wandered around the Surrey Hills part yesterday and it seems great. A wide variety of wooded terrain with a bit of heath thrown in. Shame that the Sandhurst ranges are permanently closed, but not a real problem as the place seems to be the biggest wooded area near London even without it. There are quite a few trail paths but it is fairly quiet, but this could have been because of the Bank Holiday. Most common were mountain bikers, and I must admit it is perfect for that and might bring mine up. There is a huge abundance of Sweet Chestnut trees, which make great burning, although the soil is very peaty and earthy. Luckily, where I nested up last night, had gravel and earth only 6 inches down. There is evidence of many small forest fires though. The good thing about that is that I can see how well the land recovers, and has thus given me some hope over the return of my woodland on my farm. All in all, a great woodland for a days easy walk and stealth camping out over night before walking back, just be careful if you strike up a fire. There aren't many clean water sources dotted around for filtering, but luckily we found a clear stream nearby to our camp, but it was too far to refill when we ran out. Not much in the way of visible wildlife, apart from birds and squirrels, but I found quite a few large deer tracks and even a badger track by a muddy puddle. While sat around our camp fire late last night a deer wandered into our camp, made a noise, then calmy wandered out again...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE