Central Zipped Sleeping Bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
True indeed. They're about £35 on eBay at the moment so may get one. I can see me sweating my nuts off in it to be fair tho haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont buy from ebay unless its under £20. Get it from here;

http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/shop/hardwear/sleeping-bag-grade-1-1124030.html

This is without the stuff sack but tbh its better to just squash it down into your bergen than bother with the stuff sack. While your paying for the postage get one of the issue 3/4 length inflating mats. Made buy a company called multimat and there £20 for one brand new on that site. Mine has lasted a few years now without an issue.

Tonyuk

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe

They are also Pants...

The performance of both bags leaves a lot to be desired. I have owned both the 1 and the 2, and right now they are relegated to taking up space as I've not worked out what to do with them. Their only redeeming feature is that they are centre zip. In terms of warmth, they aren't warm enough for their weight.

J

Wacker

Sep 4, 2015
East Yorkshire
Dont buy from ebay unless its under £20. Get it from here;

http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/shop/hardwear/sleeping-bag-grade-1-1124030.html

This is without the stuff sack but tbh its better to just squash it down into your bergen than bother with the stuff sack. While your paying for the postage get one of the issue 3/4 length inflating mats. Made buy a company called multimat and there £20 for one brand new on that site. Mine has lasted a few years now without an issue.

Tonyuk

You sir, are a legend.

How big is the large though, I'm 5'10? And could you give me an idea of the size and weight of the mat? I've only got a 45L pack at the moment and will probably need something bigger for all this lot...

Last edited:

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
You sir, are a legend.

How big is the large though, I'm 5'10? And could you give me an idea of the size and weight of the mat? I've only got a 45L pack at the moment and will probably need something bigger for all this lot...

The mat i was issued is 3/4 length. Im 5'11 and it ends at about my knees, i don't have an figures on the weight but maybe 1kg or less? definitely not heavy. The sleeping bag is roomy in a large and you would be able to fit both into a 45L pack with some room to spare. If space is really an issue a softie 10 is a good compromise, smaller than the issue bomb but your looking at £60 and up for a used one....

Inky

Nov 4, 2012
Cambridge
Wondering if anyone can help..

I'm looking for a replacement bag that has a central zipper as I use a hammock and have had enough of my current one (Snugpak Sleeper Extreme). After some looking I have really only found a couple, one being the DD Jura 2 (currently out of stock) and the 3 season Osprey from Ray Mears/Woodlore.

Can anyone recommend any other that are preferably no more than around the £100 mark? I am tempted by the Osprey but it's £185 and I've heard mixed reviews.

Must have similar specs as my current bag i.e. comfort between -5/7 and preferably lighter than 2.1kg.

Maybe they're aren't anymore out there with those requirements but hopefully someone can help :)

Thanks.

+1 for Corinthia defence 4. I was in a similar position, the small face hole on the Corinthia put me off for ages but as soon as you get in its not a problem at all and it's a lovely warm ad durable bag.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE