Cat amongst the pigeons....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What do you think about Football?

• Total voters

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
i mean warrington wolves? rugby league team ;) i have no idea who the baggies are and the name somewhat worries me :D
they used to be the wire (cause warrington used to make barbed wire) no idea where the wolves thing came from tho, its caught on all the same mind.
silly super league business. my biggest shock of last season was a refusal to let widnes back into the superleague and instead give a welsh team the chance dispite the fact that they don't even have a stadium! however this does give me an excellent opportunity to make fun of the mother in law who is a die hard warriors fan :headbang:

Sorry mate, got the wrong game. The Baggies are West Bromwich Albion btw. I prefer union to league.:D

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I can safely say that I've never seen a whole football match, it just doesn't interest me. None of my pals like it either. I used to play rugby - but along with other sports don't like watching it. ( Think the only sport I've ever followed was Sumo for a little while when it was on in the early days of C4.)
I can see the binding effect it has on some folks, but it never drew me in. What does annoy me is the amount of cash that is spent policing matches ( I don't know if clubs have to pay for it?). Remember whenScotland and England had a game in Glasgow when I lived there about eight years ago. The city was a war zone that weekend, I ended up on the door of the shop trying to keep customers safe as mounted horse charges went up and down Buchanan Street that saturday afternoon. All for a game!?!?
I always liked the description of football and rugby. "Football is a game for gentlemen played by thugs, rugby is a game for thugs played by gentlemen". Been involved in some fairly brutal rugby matches - the Forestry Commission against the Inverness Police springs to mind, but always it was handshakes and pints afterwards, whilst wearing dandages and slings. :rolleyes:
TTFN
Goatboy.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
I'm an Evertonian (Bluenose) and have been since I could walk, my eldest brother took me along the road and sat me on the wall behind the Stanley Park end goal the beginning of the Fifties.

I love my country too, I can't understand the noobs on some of the football forums I go on who are not interested in the England team. The likes of the Scots, Irish and Welsh shame those supporters in my opinion. Gone are the days when everyone was made up to see one of their players in an England shirt......I just don't get it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE