Casstrom Swedish forest knife plus some advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 28, 2013
perth
My first post here and I'm after a few pieces of advice.

I'm just wondering if anyone has this knife? Or heard about it? I plan on buying one but I'd like to know about it more than what the sales blurb says.

Also, when I sharpen my other knives, I can get the very tip of my moras sharp, but I have a wood jewel puukko and the tip never gets sharp. No matter how much I try, the tip isn't as sharp as the rest of the blade. Maybe about 5mm at the very end. How is this remedied? I'm obviously doing something wrong as it works fine on my moras but it doesn't with the puukko.

Thanks for any replies

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
Ah you need to ask Mr. Fenna about that one. Here is his review: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/content.php?r=509-Casstrom-No10-Swedish-Forest-Knife

and I am delighted to say that I was able to purchase this knife from him at the bushmoot, the fact is though, I am just a girl and say things like 'feels nice' and 'looks pretty', so if you want more of a technical appraisal you should ask him, I am sure he'll be here soon :)

Aug 28, 2013
perth
One of the reasons I'm planning on getting it to be honest is because of how it looks. I love my moras, but the plastic gets off putting eventually. And the puukko isn't a full tang. I searched for a while and found lots of blades similar to the woodlore style, but a lot cheaper. I was going to get a bushlore but was swayed by many reviews speaking poorly of the edge and quality control. The review is very helpful though. Thank you

Dano

Forager
Nov 24, 2005
UK
Ah you need to ask Mr. Fenna about that one. Here is his review: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/content.php?r=509-Casstrom-No10-Swedish-Forest-Knife

and I am delighted to say that I was able to purchase this knife from him at the bushmoot, the fact is though, I am just a girl and say things like 'feels nice' and 'looks pretty', so if you want more of a technical appraisal you should ask him, I am sure he'll be here soon :)

When I click on that link it sends me to a post about plumpton college??? Am using this tapatalk thingy, is that the issue??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Dano

Forager
Nov 24, 2005
UK

That takes me to a post titled "bird guide" WTH is up with this thing?
yte2yqu2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Weird!
Go to home page, then "section widget" then reviews, then edged tools - there are 2 reviews there...
I have no idea why the links do not work for you :confused:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Did you ever get to see my forest knife review?
Have you sorted out your link probs?
Have you invested in the knife - or other alternatives?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE