Canvas material supplier

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Topknot, If i was buying this from a shop, id be after 8ftx6ft approx the 8 ft id need for length im 6'3'' plus i want to do a turn over pillow/flap area at the top,and 6ft wide ish 2.5ftx2 that give me a foot or so to play with for a flapped/fastening area at the side,if this makes sense,plus allows any mistakes i may make.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi mate , What size/ measurement are you looking for to make this bedroll ? I might be able to help you. The canvas come in about 69 "" on the roll by the meter. If this colour is good.

img1716gc.jpg

img1718g.jpg

Topknot

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Topknot i would like it to be 77'' long by 30 inches wides,but as i only want it stitched on the bottom and part of one side it would need to be double the 30 inches plus abit extra material to sort out the side fastening,ive not quite worked out how im going to do this, the material clour you show is fine as i was looking at khaki or o/g,what weight material is it oz wise?

This site just gave me a idea,
http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2486&pid=503302&st=0&#entry503302
im still trying to find a pic of the brit ww2 one,would have been easier all round if i hadnt sold my original othe the bay.

something similar to this in looks but with my limited sewing ability it will be a simpler design minimum sewing as poss.

http://cowboycamp.net/bedrolls.htm#cavalry

Last edited:

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi, A traditional bedroll that's a 17' long sheet that is 7' wide. The canvas comes on a roll which measures from the bottom to the top about 69" then you unroll the canvas by the meter ie ( 69" by 1 meter , 69" by 2 meters and so on ) You are going to have to play around with the size to work out how much you need and where the seams will go. As to the weight material
PM me your addy and i'll send you a off cut of what i have left so you can see.
Cheers Topknot

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE