Canvas Berghaus Crusader

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AndyD

Settler
Dec 20, 2011
North East England
It doesn't feel right as it's a short back and I've got a long back!
Seriously, I'm 6 ft 1 tall,it's never going to work,besides, I have other bergens which feel much more comfortable!
All I have to do is find out what it's worth, then sell it or swap it.

Regards,
Andy

AndyD

Settler
Dec 20, 2011
North East England
Thanks for the info. Blacktimberwolf.

Could anyone give me a rough idea of value on this so I know what to ask for in a sale/swap please?

Regards and Merry Christmas,
Andy

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Thanks for the info. Blacktimberwolf.

Could anyone give me a rough idea of value on this so I know what to ask for in a sale/swap please?

Regards and Merry Christmas,
Andy

Wish I could give you a figure, impossible ! ..................................it's worth whatever somebody wishes to pay for it.
This is a rare rucky, no doubt about it but on this forum a rucksack is a rucksack,............. On ebay you can get a PLCE bergen (DPM) with side pouches in good condition for less than £30, ..........................OG bags are more popular & rarer than DPM ones ( sell for a little more ) but yours is a shortback & longbacks are better for civvy use.
Personally I think you should try & flog it on ebay first, put a reserve price on it & be very clear in the product description what it actually is, emphasizing the Berghaus connection.........prehaps in the 'collectables mlitaria' section......................if it doesn't sell bring back on here & hope for the best..........................if however, you know what you would like in exchange (swaps) right now then go for it at the "swap shop "

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I may just do that.
Are they still based in Gateshead?

No idea :dunno: . I'd chuck them an email via Customer Services.

Don't ask if they want it* instead ask if they can provide any information on it ~ give them a brief outline of what you have and ask if there's any information they can provide you with. By all means tell them that you can supply pictures of the pack.

If they're interested, all well and good. If not, you'll have email correspondence from Berghaus to back up any trade if/as/when it occurs ;)

* Don't mention anything about a potential sale or swap, to themselves or anyone else ~ big no-no! You're just interested in information.

Fizzy

Nomad
Feb 8, 2010
Ash Vale
I've just acquired another (newer) Vulcan II. It's much less worn than my older Vulcan, as can be seen by the colouration of it. It also has different buckles (the older one having black Berghaus branded ones) and has a different (presumably newer) Berghaus logo)

Old one
IMG_0810-1.jpg

Newer one
IMG_0809-1.jpg

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
I've just acquired another (newer) Vulcan II. It's much less worn than my older Vulcan, as can be seen by the colouration of it. It also has different buckles (the older one having black Berghaus branded ones) and has a different (presumably newer) Berghaus logo)
I may be wrong but I think your 'newer' one is actually older as it uses the 'bergbuckle' design. I think Berghaus changed over to the side-release buckles as the bergbuckles used to become brittle with age and break ..

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
I may be wrong but I think your 'newer' one is actually older as it uses the 'bergbuckle' design. I think Berghaus changed over to the side-release buckles as the bergbuckles used to become brittle with age and break ..

Yep correct.. The one with the black buckles is more recent than the one with the green buckles...

Fizzy

Nomad
Feb 8, 2010
Ash Vale
Wow, that surprises me, as the Berghaus logo certainly looks to be of an older design on the top pic.

Perhaps the buckles broke at some point and it had them replaced, who knows...

It's certainly seen a lot more use

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Just had an email back from Berghaus,they believe my rucksack is a Cyclops Roc.

Regards,
Andy

As I thought, Berghaus have erased this 'incident' from their memory banks.................................................could also be that the person who answered doesn't know spit :D
I can catagorically tell you, as no doubt many others could, that this is not a cyclops roc but a early PLCE shortback bergen made by Berghaus.:cool:

At least they answered your email.................thanks for the update.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE