Can't get much more traditional!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

palmnut

Forager
Aug 1, 2006
N51° W002°
Fancy a new house? Traditional farmhouse in the incredible Dorset countryside. No mod-cons!

This is work-in-progress from Saturday...

DSC03388sm.jpg DSC03394sm.jpg DSC03395sm.jpg DSC03398sm.jpg DSC03399sm.jpg DSC03411sm.jpg

Cranborne Ancient Technology Centre, where I'm helping to build this as a volunteer, BTW.

Come and visit us on our Stoneage Weekend - 14 & 15 April.

Peter

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I volonteered to work on a roundhouse build in Pembs - at Castell Henllys, where the roundhouses are built on the exact place excavated ironage roundhouses were built, using the same postholes etc... - funding was not forthcoming and the project was dropped, so I missed out :(
There are about 6 buildings already built (rebuilt?) and great excavations, Iron age crops and farm animals, weaving and other crafts on display and it is a great visit for a day if you are ever in West Wales.
I love this kind of "experimental archeology" :) it realy teaches a lot about our past.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE