canoe trip 2012

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 28, 2010
ontario
I just got an email from a buddy of mine who organizes an annual week-long canoe trip. We missed the trip this year due to family visits, etc.,
but he is already talking about next year's route...He advertizes on the Mountain Equipment website each year for people to join him and ends
up with some decent trip partners out of it. I told him I would post on this forum to gauge if there was any interest in case some folks here
were thinking of a Canada vacation next summer.

The short of it is a real cheap opportunity for a great Ontario backcountry trip where all the route planning is done for you, etc.
I think it might come out to $400-ish CDN pp including food and canoe rentals, etc.

I'm seriously thinking of a Temagami trip next summer also, even though it's a major drive (4+hrs north of Algonquin Park).

Dates would be somewhere mid-July to mid-August.

Regards,
Jack.

Jan 28, 2010
ontario
What levels of experience and fitness would be required?

Thanks for bringing that up...
Well really, we go at a pretty relaxed pace...no major fitness required, just the ability to portage a pack or a canoe.
As far as canoe skills go, none would be okay. In fact, 2 years ago we had a person who had never been in a canoe so she got paired with an experienced
stern paddler and all went smoothly.
We're just out there to enjoy the wilderness for a week and do some star-gazing,etc.
At most we would only be on the move maybe 6 hrs a day.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE