Canoe/Kayak coaching help.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a company who might help with reduced prices for the above.

I feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall with my local scouts they just dont seem to want to offer me any sort of training and all i want to do is offer the boys a chance to do different things.

I have just paid at my local climbing wall to re do my climbing tickets so thats costing me
but I cannot afford to keep paying out large sums of money for all these courses. I may sound like im whinging a bit but I am giving a lot of my time for meetings , camps, planning events and other types of training.

It seems to be this side of things they fall down.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated (I will post this on sotp too)

Cheers

Andy.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Galgael sold a boat to a company at Derwentwater.........Platty+ iirc. They were really nice folks, it's a family run business. Don't know if this is what you are looking for though.

Bound to be folks on SotP who organise free training days, might not be certificated mind. What about trawling through the BCU website and contacts and see if there are any other Scouting folks who would be happy to help out ?

cheers,
M

p.s. the link
http://www.plattyplus.co.uk/

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Thanks Toddy yes I have trawled the BCU sites I am just trying to keep the cost down, had not thought if any other scout leaders may be qualified to teach so thats a good idea will have to find out if there are any in my area but traveling is an option anyway.

Will try that link also.

Was also nice to meet you up at Achray lol when I told my lad about the tablet he was not impressed his dad had been eating such things!! He was most unimpressed as he had nagged to come but he wasnt allowed the day off.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
cheers twosticks have rang them and they are cheap but dont offer a course until they have enough numbers so its likely it will not be until spring summer next year.

I will need to get to level 1 coach to do the stuff I want with the lads as a bare minimum
and as I have no formal qualifications it will mean me doing the 1,2 and 3 * awards first so its both really.

Ill Just keep sniffing around, once qualified I am hoping to take out older scouts canoe camping etc.

Cheers
Andy

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Hi John cheers for that I could get to west Wales infact my good lady was looking at Pembrokshire or Snowdonia for half terms hols this year. As regards it been custom I am open to advice on that. obviously its got to be driven so that I can eventually get the lads out in small groups doing the things that they would love to do. I will whizz you a pm.

Cheers

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE