Canoe + camping - your favourite places

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
I'm not too far off the maiden voyage of my newly built Apache which hopefully will open up some new places to camp, islands etc where you won't get trodden on by the odd rambler (unles they swim !).

For some inspiration I wondered what your favourite spot was for a night or two in the hammock, nice and quiet and importantly, next to a lake ! :D

After a bit of practice (getting rid of the inevitable wobbles after a break of 10 years without paddling) I was hoping to get a few BCUK together for a small overnight stay somewhere - I'll bring the curry.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Sounds good to me mate :)

I've found a few good spots in the Lakes so far but I think for that truly quiet experience it's worth the drive over the border somewhere.

Good to hear you getting out on the water again

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
Lostagain
Mine so far are in Scotland

Loch Lomond southern end. Avoid holiday periods and preferrably week-days to avoid the crowds.

Loch Ness and its allied lochs Fort William to Inverness makes agreat 5 day trip.

Best of all Loch Shiel which is isolated with large sections without habitation or public roads and can be accessed from either end. I did this with a friend earlier in the year and will be going back in September.

If you haven't looked at www.songofthepaddle.co.uk which is full of useful open canoe information.

Alan

Moff8

Forager
Jul 19, 2004
Glasgow
Can I ask how long the Lock Sheil trip took. I am trying to avoid the canoe bug but my resolve is slowly crumbling.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE