canada goose

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
N

north star

Hello folks,iam looking for a top cold weather jacket has anyone bought a Canada goose jacket with a coyote furr ruff?

Jun 29, 2010
Antarctica/Norfolk
Hi i havent bought one but have worn them down here in Antarctica and wasnt to empressed with it as i still got cold wearing it.It looks the part but didnt perform.
Down here we wear coats made by RAB which are very good.

N

north star

Thanks snowcat,which RAB jacket do you think is the best?

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
Looked at Canada Goose for the 2010 Arctic trip earlier in the year.
Settled on a North Face Ice Jacket, this is a down jacket and extremely warm.....
Just one criticism....they are great if you are inactive, but, when doing physical stuff, it had to come off as it was literally too warm a lot of the time, suggesting it was not cold enough :rolleyes:
Appreciate the layering system in extremely cold climes..

The one memorable occasion when I thought....what a great jacket right here, right now... was walking across a frozen mountain lake, was emerging from behind rocks into a very strong head wind so already had a thin stretchy neoprene head/face mask on..I pulled up the coats hood and donned goggles.
It was glorious, full on head wind in an extremely cold climate. Could not feel the cold, the fur trim on the hood really keeps the wind form creeping in, the coat performed admirably.....it must have passed minus 40 with windchill....

Can't wait to go back ;)

Cheers
Tom

treefrog

Aug 4, 2008
South Yorkshire
I've used RAB stuff in the cold for years, however they moved production from Sheffield to the far east a while ago and for me personally, I've found quality has suffered lately.
These days I use PHD (Pete Hutchinson designs) a british company in Stalybridge. I've no links with them etc, but found them really good in customising down clothing for what you need, Not cheap, but hey........

http://www.phdesigns.co.uk/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE