Can I shrink my m65 jacket?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Evening all, I have a alpha industries m65 field jacket that is50% cotton and 50% nylon I'd like to wear it more but it's a little too large which is a waste so I either need to shrink it or sell it, I was thinking about putting it on a warm wash and a tumble dry but wast sure how hot to go, also has anyone tried waxing one?
any help will be great thanks

redbeard

Feb 20, 2012
Croatia
www.facebook.com
I have the same issue with mine.
I'm size L in the chest but everything else flaps around incredibly - when I tried sizeM, I barely could zip it up, and it was without a winter liner and only on my Tshirt.
sleeves were too short, too.

just get used to it or get fat.no other way ;)

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
My body is a temple, and not a temple of doom!
i no cotton will shrink but nylon won't but wasn't sure how it would work with a 50/50 blend.
has any one done any mods to there's?

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
It's a medium which I normaly wear but it's too big so I'd say its the size of a large, I think it's sized for a medium to be able to wear the winter liner over body armour apparently.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Same thing happened to me. I use mine as an overcoat on the harley now. In weather like this it goes over the leathers and all and keeps me at least a little warmer.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I've always cinched up the waistcord on mine and it's worked fine for sizing................you can wax it without damage, but it takes a LOT of work and a LOT of wax, and doesn't really do it, plus makes it heavy; I've used the Nikwax wash-in stuff with some success, but you can only ever get them showerproof............hope this helps,,,,,,,,,,,atb mac

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
It's a medium which I normaly wear but it's too big so I'd say its the size of a large, I think it's sized for a medium to be able to wear the winter liner over body armour apparently.

No. By the time body armor was in common issue, the M65 had been discontinued. But it was meant to wear over a good bit of under layers.

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
My ex wife accidentally washed my Alpha M65 (large) on 60 degrees instead of the 30 on the label and it reduced to a fitted size, rather than being big enough for winter layers underneath, so I see no reason why you coudn't do it on purpose. HTH

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Just an update as I forgot all about this thread, I put my m65 on a 1200 spin wash with the temperature at 50 then I dried it in the tumble drier and its perfect I'd say it took it down one size but the jacket still looks the same which is great, I did check it hadn't shrunk to much after the wash though before I placed in the tumble drier and then checked again every ten min, thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE