Can I ride my bike to my CBT?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 28, 2007
Leicestershire, England.
I have a Learner Legal 125cc, Ihave valid Tax, Valid Insurance, and MOT. however I need to get my bike the 1 mile from its present location to the location of my CBT, can I ride it or must I push it?

I have searched google, and asked a few biker friends but still clueless as most of my mates are older and never required a CBT.

THank you kindly in advance.

Wolves. :)

gazza65

Mar 10, 2007
Se London
s~rry but you can not ride a bike on the road without a valid CBT you will need someone with a van or a trailer to deliver it to the test centre for you.

Clark

Forager
Jul 18, 2007
Aberdeen
I did my CBT last year, i had my licences before but due to my youth and stupidity i was banned for 12 months and made to do extended tests. I have decided to stick with bikes that can't get me banned. Saying that i suppose it was me and not the bike that got me banned. Plus i cant get insured on anything decent anyway.
Here is a pic from my recent trip
This one is from when i first got vespa and headed off on my own, just the feeling ov packing up my kit and going wherever i please was great. Plus at 90mpg it was cheap too.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
I would but I'd like to use my own so i get used to it, becaus ethats the bike i will do my FULL test on.

you're talking about a day of riding their bike....then as long as you like to practice on yours..

unless you're already used to riding your own bike, it'll be no advantage to you...and if you do drop it, wouldn't you rather damage one of theirs??? ;)

Mar 28, 2007
Leicestershire, England.
Well I pushed it there, did the CBT, passed etc. (although you can't really fail unless you do something hideously wrong) And got to ride it home, didn't drop it once, and did about a 60 mile trip. But thank you all for your advice and information I really appreciate it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE