Can I dye my M65 jacket?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tetra_neon

Forager
Oct 1, 2005
E Mids
Hey all,

I've just been given an original late '60's M65 jacket, but it's quite faded and I am wondering if (hand or machine wash version) Dylon will do the job? Obviously it's Olive Drab already, so I hope the Dylon 'Olive' colour will just rejuvinate it - but I'm not sure how well the poly/cotton blend will take the dye?

Any help is appreciated! thank you!

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Hey all,
I've just been given an original late '60's M65 jacket, but it's quite faded and I am wondering if (hand or machine wash version) Dylon will do the job?

to answer the question, yes.
basically the longer it sits in dye and more carefully you do it, it should be fine, (I recommend doing it by hand) but as mentioned it's worth checking it's actual value!

people spend crazy money trying to get hold of original kit especially when related to years of conflicts.
it's worth to you may be memories or £5 but it could be worth £50+ to a collector!

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
Endicotts have them at a bargain £55-60 for super http://www.endicotts.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1375, but a faded 60's original might go for even more on ebay. Leave that dye alone, treasure the one you've got, and buy either an original one from Endicotts, or one of their repros, which is pretty good at £49.

An original M65 is a classic (I didn't buy one in New York 20 years ago and still kick myself now), so please don't try to 'improve' it, just love it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE