Can anyone identify this animal?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
No one would be walking a dog near there as it's off the public footpaths and dead ended in the sense that any non adventurer/explorer could navigate through the brush and terrain. I am off to change the memory card in the morning so let's hope there are some more clues on there!

Could it be a fox cub or otter cub?

It almost looks like it's bolting and you can see the white of its eye???

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Could it be another rabbit/hare, with it's ears down and back….there's a little white flash to the tip of the one at the seven/eight o'clock position from the 'eye'.

M

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Is it possible there is Myxomatosis in that area? I've seen Bunnies in the final stages of Myxy that could have won a starring part in 'The Elephant Man' film, with their grotesquely swollen heads and bulging eyes. That would account for him apparently coming from the Bunny hole.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Could it be another rabbit/hare, with it's ears down and back….there's a little white flash to the tip of the one at the seven/eight o'clock position from the 'eye'.

M

I agree with this. You can see why scientists end up using trail cams in pairs now to get alternative angles of animals. There's an interesting bit in a book I've got called 'Candid Creatures' which describes how a trail cam picked up 2 photos of an animal thought to be a new species. Scientists ended up having to draw the image on the photo out by hand to try and make sense of the shapes they could see and it was decided to be a more common animal seen at a funny angle.

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
Is it possible there is Myxomatosis in that area? I've seen Bunnies in the final stages of Myxy that could have won a starring part in 'The Elephant Man' film, with their grotesquely swollen heads and bulging eyes. That would account for him apparently coming from the Bunny hole.

Possibly. I have just been through the footage from where I relocated the camera and there is a bunny with a huge lump on one of his front legs! I have heard of a few mixys round here.

No chubacabra I am afraid, Colin.

I have now to add to the list of sightings.

A rat
An owl
Lots of pictures of a very fast stoat. So fast the video can't react quick enough!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE