can any leatherman expert advise me please?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
It's got non-locking tools alright.... but it's only about 2 inches long when folded!! more of a keyring than a serious multitool..

I'd post a pic of mine 'in-the-hand' if i hadn't left it in work

some specs:

Length - 2.5in (6.35cm) closed
Weight - 1.75oz (50 grms)
Materials: 100% stainless steel

Scissors
Clip-Point Knife
Tweezers
Nail File/Cleaner
Flat Phillips Screwdriver
Extra Small Screwdriver
Medium Screwdriver
Bottle Opener
Ruler
Lanyard attachment

HTH
Steve

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Thanks for your replies gentlemen!
Does the non locking feature make the micra awkward or unsafe or uncomfortable to use?
cheers Jonathan

retrohiker

Jul 2, 2005
Ohio, USA
I've had one for awhile now but I haven't found it any more useful than my trusty little Swiss Army Classic which has most of the same tool set but in a more hand friendly package (for me anyway). Nothing against it at all and some may find it better for them but I'm sticking with my Classic for everday use. The Micra does reside in a small, pocket sized survival kit.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
I have one of these but the screwdriver blade sheared when I was tightening my glasses one day. Probably just a manufacturing defect as there was no way to exert that much torque on it! I've retired it now and replaced with a gerber shortcut. Here's a photo;
DSCF0065small2.jpg

The leatherman is the wee silver one between the SAK and the axe. The shortcut is above it and may be a little cheaper.

Cheers,

Alan

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
if you really want one that size go for a Leatherman Squirt S4.

I have the S4 and P4, plus various small SAKs

Personally I don't like the micra, the S4 is much better as the tools are on the outside, plus the tweezers are better

daved

Forager
Aug 1, 2005
London
The scissors on the micra are good for the size and surprisingly tough - much better than equivalent on small swiss army knives. The rest of the micra is pretty mediocre though.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Many thanks one and all for your comment and sudgestions.
Cheers Jonathan :)
I'll post later when I make a decision as to what to buy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE