Campsites New Forest / Purbeck Coast?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi All

Hoping the great font of knowledge present in this forum can help me out.

Any recommendations for official campsites in the New Forest or Purbeck coast areas?

Thinking of taking the family car camping at Easter. Preferences are...

• Quiet, simple campsite - not a "holiday village"
• Small open fires allowed
• Dogs allowed
• Not too far from a half decent pub

Plenty of places showing up on-line, but looking for personal experience and recommendations.

Thanks in advance!

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Burnbake campsite is brilliant. On a Woodland's edge , 10 minutes walk from the beach too.
Not holiday village nor is it very busy.

Dogs are welcome .
Fires allowed but only in a fire pit off the ground , as all the ground is mostly peat .
(everywhere around there will be the same I expect regarding fires unless you're on a sandy beach, as it's all peat .)

No pubs close to campsite as it's out on the sticks ...But it's only a short drive to get to the pub.

I can definitely recommend burnbake campsite. Very reasonable and beautiful location.

No affiliation, just a happy camper

Last edited:

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Thanks Leshy, that's a really good suggestion, I'll look into that one.

Of course fine to do fires in a pit off the ground. I have a couple of options I could use.
No worries.
The best thing is that there are lots of deadfall in the woods there , (as you drive in the entrance to campsite , we camped by the woodland on the left...) we had a walk in the woods in the day and I found a big fallen ash , (which burns even when green) so I grabbed the bowsaw and got enough wood for the whole weekend 😎.
Saying that, it was summer , so it was nice and dry...

It was a weekend to remember...

78cf06d67760506875c61e17b9d3ab43.jpg

😁

Not really, it was great, I just love that little cartoon strip...

Last edited:

Supersymo

Feb 17, 2017
Dorset
Acton field in Lytchett Matravers. The views are stunning as it's overlooking swanage bay. There is a small toilet block with coin operated showers and a bakery van comes round most mornings but that's about it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE