Campsite in Swanage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Hi ,
The girlfriend has suggested taking our tribe of kids camping this weekend .
I have heard of a campsite in Swanage Dorset that allows fires etc .
Does anybody have the phone number for this campsite ?
Cheers
Pumbaa

robadams

Forager
Aug 19, 2004
Hampshire
What is your girlfriends comfort threshold?

I only ask because I am ex forces but my wife constantly reminds me that she is not and so is happy to humour me but expects a certain minimum for her and our daughters and I do see her point.
We were camping at Ulwell caravan park in the summer and were pitched next to a family who had taken 1 look at such a sight in the vicinity (must be the same one) and turned around. It was a complete swamp and the toilet blocks were pretty grim. This was the middle of August and we had had a lot of rain, if you remember.
My point is, have a plan B up your sleeve and you could do worse than Ulwell.

http://ulwell.users30.donhost.co.uk/index.shtml

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Pumbaa,
Ullwell is great for kids and has a heated indoor pool if it is raining. Priestsway is a bit more basic. I don't know if either allow fires though. Burnbake does look nice although the website is a simpl one-pager.
Have a great weekend!
Cheers,
Steve

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Inside pool? Caravans? Wifi?

I'm not sure I could stomach that at a camp site. My general rule of thumb is if they try and assign a pitch number....avoid 'em. ;)

The bumcake site looks ok though. Like the fact you can go pitch your tent in the woods. Far too many places are just a field. Nice to see a bit of variety.

Sep 19, 2006
Gloucester
Burnbake is awesome :headbang: , we go there at the begining and end of every season. in fact I'm off there in a week's time!

Just to make it clear, you can't have fires directly on the ground, but if you bring a fire pit or bbq base or something they're quite happy for you to get a roaring fire going. There's plenty of wood lying around too.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Thanks guys , Burnbake sounds like it could well be the one . I guess i am looking for a minimal facility campsite mainly down to cost . Having a huge tent and 5 kids in tow i have been quote upto £70 a night , which makes it not such a cheap get a way !
Cheers
Pumbaa

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Just a thought , but if there is anyone that fancys meeting up at the campsite , feel free to pop along and introduce yourself . You wont miss me Huge green tent , red Ka and blue mx3 , 5 kids and 2 dogs (one thats a tad patchwork the others a rottie).
Cheers
Pumbaa

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE