Camper shot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sabot

Tenderfoot
Indeed. Among proper gun safety rules are;

Always identify your target
and
Always have a good backstop such as an earth bank.

While not easy to adhere to in situations such as combat, there is no excuse while simply hunting.

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Who's to say the camper was visible? The hunter's backstop could have been a lightly wooded hill where our not-so-happy camper was relaxing in a DPM jacket. It's happened before, and the reason why blaze orange is often mandated in public woodland during firearm deer season in the US.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Funny enough I got a bit freaked by someone shooting near me on monday
Seemed to be firing off indiscriminately and more shots than usual with a fair bit of shouting as well
I packed up and moved to find it was a farmer teaching his son to shoot in an adjacent field-with due regard to safety I might add He had even blocked off the entry to the field

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I've never broken camp so quickly as the time I realised the keepers were out lamping for foxes in the area I was pitched in... I was pretty well concealed, so there's absolutely no way they could have known I was there. Discretion seemed the better part of valour - besides, I find it really hard to sleep through gunfire...

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I must say that this nearly happened to me once, but it was me holding the gun.
I was concealed in a small wooded area adjacent to a field shooting pigeons.
A couple of birds came from right to left and I shot directly up into the field, low and behold, there were Three walkers taking what they thought was a short cut (trespassing) and I fired before I saw them in there direction.
On that day I and they were lucky.
Never did hit those pigeons.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Now, had he been wearing Ventile .................!
:lmao:

and it was soaking wet it would be so stiff the bullet would have bounced off;)

Seriously, its sad its happened but we don't know all the facts. Maybe the guy was in green or DPM and the shooter just did not see him.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE