Cadets instructor

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 10, 2007
London
Well i was a Cadet Petty Officer in the SCC about 20 years ago! Its where i got my liking for advex type training and bushcraft. The unit was TS Thunderer.

All the best....Paul

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Hi Dino

I work with the Sea Cadets in the London Area. Up to this week I have worked on HMS Belfast (City of London unit) for the last 8 years. Most of my activities are land based as I am ex Army and my knowledge of boats is rather lacking to say the least.

I am running a D of e (Bronze) training expedition this weekend. The cadets are going to be doing a Bushcraft project focussing on Shelter making, fire making and cooking. I have introduced the cadets to the Char tube that was shown as a tutorial recently as this has a slight nautical feel (slow match for firing cannons) and the love it. Gave them a buzz and are now keen to try out the bow and hand drills.

For my sins I am now moving on to be a District Staff Officer for Adventure Training so will incorporate Bushcraft into our syllabus on a much more regular basis.

What is your role and location?

Cheers

George

Butchd

Forager
Feb 20, 2007
Surrey
I too used to be an Army Cadet Instructor before the paperwork and the child protection took the fun out of it.

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
i'm a TI with ts sarnia over here in guernsey if fact i just put the paperwork in
for a P sargent we clock up the most sea time in all of are area units :)

Dino

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2006
Lowestoft, Suffolk
hi guys

thanks for the replys,

i am a PPO with Lowestoft SCC, TS Europa, i am in charge of the EL and D of E, only been with SCC for about 18months, still finding my feet.

Cheers
Dean

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Hi Dino,
I used to be the Squadron Commander of an Air Cadet unit for 6 years and prior to that a CI (Civilian Instructor) for three years before that...

LS

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE