Bushtruck

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toots

Aug 22, 2005
Sutton in Craven, North Yorkshire
Has anyone heard of, or been on courses run by Bushtruck in Yorkshire? Their instructor is a chap called Mike Armstrong and their courses are run almost on my doorstep!
It turns out they are based in Connonley about three or four miles from me and I have only just become aware of their existence.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
dont know much about the company my self, but as always i'd be interested to hear how you get on if you decided to check them out!

snake|UK|

Nov 3, 2005
yorkshire
www.bushtruck.co.uk
lo, i am an x student of bushtruck, he mainly does the commercial side of bushcraft ie, T.V. but he runs his own courses. ( i did his website so i may be biest :rolleyes: )

One of his popular weekend is this one at the national white water centre in wales http://www.ukwhitewater.co.uk/breaks/index.htm you can go white water rafting and every thing wow :)

This is not an advert, it is my recomendation (other buchcraft schools are avalible)

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
bit un related but a question
i did my level 1 kayak coach years ago im still a pretty good paddler .
friends of mine work for a charity which takes young people out on adventure days - multi days
they said be good if i do my level 2 coach as this would help them out a lot
however courses seem to be run over months and months - does any one know of an intencive course ?

black_kissa

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2006
N/A
Mike was helping/co-instructing at the Overleven course form the Dutch school Extrasurvival I attended in 2005. I very much enjoyed his way of teaching, very hands-on and practical. I was really sorry he couldn't make it to our Scotland trip last fall...

Live and Love,
Anneke

chris chris

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 25, 2004
keswick
Toots, can't help you there I'm afraid this is a new one on me I've never heard of them or the instructor, or seen any TV stuff by them.

William, can help you though, get yourself onto Plas y Brenin http://www.pyb.co.uk/, or Plas Menai http://plasmenai.co.uk/intro.php they run intensive/fastrack courses on most outdoor instructor qualifications, theses are the national centres for the UK.

Goodluck both of you

Chris :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I`m booking to go on one of Mikes courses in October so I`ll let you know how it goess if your still interested Toots.

It`s a self sufficient long weekend course I believe called Bushman and its the pilot launch of this particular course. Lots of one to one teaching so it should be really useful.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Well I didn`t make the course last year for one reason or other but I am going to make it this time round. This Friday in fact and I`m really looking forward to it. A bit of a sneaky birthday present from the wife, bless her little cotton socks :approve:
It`s a little bit different to the usual bushy courses in that it`s based on a 3 day hike in the Yorkshire Dales with various skill subjects thrown in. The blurb`s on the website but we`ll be covering subjects such as navigation, camp craft, shelter building, trapping, wild food (i hear crayfish might be on the menu) and lastly obstacle crossing. Mike tells me the crossings section will include abseiling which I haven`t done since I was a kid and also river crossing, brrrrrrr :11doh:

I`ll be taking my camera and do a bit of a review so hopefully those who might be interested can see what it`s all about.

http://www.bushtruck.co.uk/index_files/Bushman.htm

Bring it on

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I rearly enjoy mikes articals in Bushcraft and Survival mag. Id be very tempted to attend one of his courses if funds allowed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE