Bushmans pocket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I've posted some pics on the Gallery, of my latest project, my Bushmans pocket. Essentially its a Possibles pouch, based on the "No-Loss Pockets" found on the issue windproof smocks. The leather came from a MOD Issue Combat Jerkin (£5 from Strikeforce) and you have enough on each jerkin to make two.
The pictures should be self explanatory, but if you want to make one yourself and have any problems please PM me.
Neil

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
your gonna look like the jolly green bushcrafter :rolmao: :biggthump seriously though, people get so hyped up over expencive kit but that is very refreshing to see,someone making their own personal gear, good bushscrafting brother :biggthump

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
The Green-Man :eek:): if only.
Your a bit handy at the Kuksas yourself, the Knot work looks most excellent too. Making kit is'nt difficult, it takes time, but you do get exactly whay you want.
Few companies make kit just for bushcraft, we adapt and compromise instead. If I can make this this gear, so can anyone, there are enough clever people on BCUK, who could pass on the skills to kit-out a bushcrafter from head to toe and fill the pack on his back, with stuff that is homemade.
A long, long time ago (before RM), knowledge was shared without money changing hands (amazing I know), I think its a tradition worth saving.
Neil

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Martin did the same thing at the Wilderness gathering with the little charcloth maker, It was such a nice thing to do by a real top bloke, its nice to have people give something without asking for something in return :biggthump even if it is just an idea or a pice of knowledge.

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Neil1,

you are the man. Well done on an other excellent DIY project. You have given me the encouragement to make and adapt some of my own kit - none of it finished yet, but I have all winter to perfect my sewing technique.

Cheers

JFW

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Thats what winters for, making things, projects and perfecting your firelighting skills :biggthump
Thanks for the praise, an even better thank you would be some pics of your finished gear up on the site :super:
Neil

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
hootchi said:
I have made my own knife only from the knowledge gained on British Blades. Its incredible how much you can gain from a place like this with everybody giving a little bit of their knowledge. Proper Job!
And the sense of satisfaction you get from using something you have made/designed yourself is immense. as I'm sure you have discovered :eek:):
Neil

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Here here - well done Neil nice work mate - moc's are easy to make too you just need time to sit and stitch em - but as you say thats what winters are for.

Just a thought but personally I would be tempted to dye the leather - green is .................a bit men in tights looking especially in footwear.

If you need a pattern for the Mocs let me know I believe I have it here somewhere.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Could be right there Gary :roll: The Pocket will darken once its been treated with Mars Oil (its a bit pea-green at the mo).
I have a very good book on making shoes and it has a good pattern for several types of moccs (but thanks for the offer :biggthump )
Neil

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE