bushcraft wales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
Wish I was comming with you, I'm going to be mid channel on friday fishing for cod and the weather is not too promising :confused: and the boat sails at 0615 :eek:

I'll get to the site about 10:00 on saterday, I've made myself a hobo stove, I hope it works as I'm not too keen on eating grass for two days :lmao: :lmao:

Ian

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Right,
Now that I'm back in the Principality, but have missed the event......

....I need photos and stories and tales of mystical goings on.....

How did you all get on?

Ogri the trog

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
Had a great time with all those who turned up at the meet (except for the kelly kettle incident - see kit chatter :eek: ) first time in the hamock :) sleeping in a tent will never be the same cheers joker :D
many thanks to tony and stewert for giving up their time to set it all up :You_Rock_

IAN

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
elma said:
Had a great time with all those who turned up at the meet (except for the kelly kettle incident - see kit chatter :eek: ) first time in the hamock :) sleeping in a tent will never be the same cheers joker :D
many thanks to tony and stewert for giving up their time to set it all up :You_Rock_

IAN

I had to scrape the ice off the inside of my Landy's windscreen when I downed tools and drove home from Cwmbach at about three am yesterday morning. That was at least forty miles south of where you were playing with your hammock. You must have been freezing. :eek:

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I really wish I could have come along but unfortunatly work commitments had to be commited to so to speak..... Hope you all had a great time :D

:)
Ed

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It ended up being a small but enjoyable time, the company was great. There’ll be another one in the warmer weather and I won't keep popping off!

As always it was fantastic to put faces to names and to sit around the fire - in this case while the country freezed around us!

Keith the land owner is more than happy for us to go back as well. It was a bit weird that only one Welshman turned up and it was a Welsh meet, he did you all proud though :D

Thanks guys :You_Rock_

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
I agree with Tony and Elma, it was a great weekend, during the day we had blue skys and sunshine and during the night is was fantastic star gazing sky's.

On the second night my tent was completely coated in ice (frozen dew) and thanks to the loan of the Joker's spare sleeping bag i had a much nicer nights sleep (bivvy bag and two sleeping bags) Thanks Pete :)

Elma and i had some hammock and tarp instruction which means i will probably be buying one of the next tarp group buys. There was also a bit of fireligting practice...first with Sainsbury's logs ( the 'EU standard' type that do not burn..and also had a go at lighting some strange kind of tinder fungus, thanks for that Matt.

All in all a good weekend...now have to just wait for the next one.

Thanks also to Stu and Tony for setting it all up and providing a few impromptu instructional sessions ,,Thanks guys :lmao:

Pete

STAND BACK... the Kelly kettles about to Boil...............

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Had a cracking weekend, as always with these things it just wasn't long enough, I'll try and get some photos up later on. Great to meet Pete, Pete and Ian (or is it Iain?) for the first time and look forward to more meet ups in the future.

By the way we did find out that Stuart does forget things... only something minor... like his tent.... but it made me feel better ;-)

Matt

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
As Tony said, there wasn't loads of us but its quality of the company that counts not how many turned up, it was really good to meet some new faces and of course to meet Tony himself.
The weather was kind, the scenery was fantastic and Tony made everyone very welcome, It was a great weekend and Im now looking forward to the next one.
Keith the land owner was and is a real character and cant do enough for you, Cheers Keith.
Tony and Elma drove us all to a secluded little beach where we had a bit of a forage and returned with some Limpets to snack on (yuk).
A big thank you to Tony for sorting it all out and to everyone else for making me feel welcome.
I have to say Tony has three smashing WELL BEHAVED kids, say Hi to them for us Tone!

Cheers again everyone! :D :D :D

bow drill

Oct 12, 2005
wales
sorry i could'nt make it had a funeral friday did realy feel like it after that
sound's like you all had a good time hope you have another one soon

all the best

bow dril :AR15firin :1244:

Jan 11, 2006
brecon
count me in on the next one guys i have shooting permision around the becons and live real close(about 10 miles or so) also would like to meet anyone with same interests as me its been a long time since that happened :) feel free to pm me

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE