Bushcraft qualifications?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TallTom

Forager
Mar 23, 2014
Surrey
Hello all,

I work in the outdoor education industry and im looking for the correct qualification to show off my bushcraft prowess. I would lean more towards ones wanted by schools but I'm struggling to find any strong candidates for a nationally recognised qualification.

Does anyone know of a good one?

I have been looking at the Forrest schools practitioner level 3 recently.

And for those guys who belive in experience not tickets I'm with you there but I'm able to get my work to fund training so why not do one in bushcraft!

Tom Gold

Forager
Nov 2, 2012
Scotland
www.thetreeline.co.uk
Tom, I'm working through my Forest Sch. L3 coursework at the moment and completed training recently. Its becoming a highly desirable outdoor qualification but its not about bushcraft although there is some crossover.

I've also just passed my Institute of Outdoor Learning Foundation Bushcraft which is definately all about bushcraft! The assessment was quite tough but well worth having.

Cheers, T

Tommyd345

Nomad
Feb 2, 2015
Norfolk
Aye, I'm doing the IOL bushcraft practitioner at the moment, i don't know how desirable it is for employers but I'm getting it through work :)

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
The IOL seem to offer a good qualification but it's worth having a look at the Woodcraft School Level 4 Bushcraft Leader's/Instructor's course which is accredited by the NCFE, who are involved in a good number of outdoors-based qualifications.

You're right - it is the experience and practice that matter most; the qualifications are very useful in helping you develop strategies to help you teach the skills effectively.

Good luck!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE