Bushcraft Pc Game

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
just power up crysis, kill everyone in your favourite level, then save so you always have a lovely tranquil island to go to when you are stuck in the urban jungle.

admitedly you need a very meaty pc for this to run, but its possibly even more nice than the real outdoors (blaphamy, i know)

sorry bout the size of the image. :(

Are you sure your on the right forum Irish lost boy..? :confused:

ZEbbEDY

Nomad
Feb 9, 2011
Highlands
theres an old game from 86 which is pretty realistic if you can handle the old graphics

Wilderness is a unique survival adventure that may well be the most realistic simulation of its kind ever made, even decades after its release.

The game casts you as an archaelogist in search of the Croesus status, rumored to be inside the Lost City of Gold. From the scene of where your plane crashed, you must trek into the wilderness, find the statue, and return alive.

Although Wilderness may appear to be just another parser-based interactive fiction, the player will soon discover that the game's astounding level of realism and detail more than qualifies it as a simulation. The game was designed by a team of real-life doctors, and it shows: right from the start, the game asks for your height, age, and heart rate-- all of which affect hundreds of factors, from stamina, speed, and resistance to disease. Every decision involved in real-life camping is modeled in this game. For instance, you must WEAR WOOL SOCKS during cold weather to prevent frostbite; PACK and CARRY supplies (each of which has a weight, and you can overburden yourself); MAKE various survival tools from available raw material, such as HUT (possible if tree limbs are nearby), or even TRAP to catch wild game; BOIL WATER gathered from questionable sources (all food spoils at 65 degrees Fahrenheit); USE SPLINT to treat broken legs or arms; and navigate by the stars at night. The list of options is virtually endless, and there are many random elements (storms, diseases etc.) that you must contend with. The game boasts a 300-word vocabulary, none of which is superfluous. The parser is robust enough to understand long sentences and respond appropriately.

Wilderness features "Panagraphics," a 3D graphics generating system that guarantees a new, random map each time you play. Those who prefer adventure games to realistic simulations can play in "Research Mode," in which you are no longer affected by burdensome parameters such as hunger, thirst, or illness. Overall, Wilderness is a complex simulation that is guaranteed to teach you a few things about real-life survival adventure. It may seem "dry" to some, but for those who crave realism in their games, there's no better survival game on the market. Thumbs up!

link

the manual is also at the above link

In Oblivion and morrowind you can pick the flowers and mushrooms which are all individual species. I used to sell them to botanists at the university or make potions with them. It would be great if the real wilderness was littered with caverns filled with treasures, ancient cool weapons and ghosts, but oh well, cant have everything!

have to agree with oblivion there mate, so many little reminders like the tinder fungus and stuff, i stick it on and dander about forraging things for potions and cave raiding when i cant get out.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
world of warcraft (havent played it for about 4 years) but in that you could do mining, skinning, leather work, blacksmithing and collecting herbs as well as roaming about killing stuff it was the last game i played dont play any games now as i realised i lost a year of my life to that game and never went anywhere now i get out be it fishing walking camping or shrafting or cycling

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
In metal gear solid 3 you have to treat your own wounds in different ways and find plants and animals to eat/make medicine out of but other than that there's not much else bushcrafty in it.

Jun 4, 2016
Sweden
An old topic but I love bushcraft/survival/homesteading games and have been looking for more - I'm also developing my own because none of the others have what I'm looking for (no zombies, no scavenging cans, no focus on combat/war). These games mostly have components that are interesting, like Arma has an awesome navigation system, and many of them have aspects of foraging and crafting. My personal favourites are probably Neoscavenger and The Long Dark.

Here's a heap of them:
RUST
ARK
The Long Dark
Don't Starve
Don't Starve Together
Neoscavenger
Son of Nature
The Forest
The Hunter
Farmville
Harvest Moon
Stardew Valley
Arma 3
Cabelas Big Game Pro Hunts
Skyrim
DayZ
H1Z1
Survive the Nights
Dyling Light
7 Days to Die
Miscreated
Stranded Deep
Unreal World RPG
Life is feudal

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE