Bushcraft Christmas Dinner Anyone?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

philaw

Settler
Nov 27, 2004
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK.
I've been trying to find a restaurant here that does crispy duck and I can't. How weird is that? I'm definitely jealous of Danceswithhelicopters. We'll be out camping on xmas weekend, so I'm hoping for bannock, bacon, sausages, and if my pal brings his stovetop espresso thing, fresh coffee with cream. I can't wait!

qweeg500

Forager
Sep 14, 2003
Hampshire
Good news. I've managed the nag the missis into having a goose. It's a bit late in the day but I'm hoping the local farmers market will have a nicely sized one up for grabs tomorrow.
I've got a 36 pint cask of real ale ordered too. I'm thirsty already. :beerchug:

Abbe Osram said:
What happend to your hammock? Is it to cold for using a hammock?
Get yourself a reindeer skin, its much warmer and better than a thermarest in winter.

cheers
Abbe

I never really got on with the Hammock, I can see the appeal but it's just not me as I roll about in my sleep too much, and like you say they are not very warm. Reindeer skin huh? I imagine it would get damp and start to smell, not sure that the guys in the office would appretiate that. I would rather use a skin, it seems much more appropriate - maybe santa will bring me one next year. Some kind soul gave me a roll mat that they got from Milets, lurid pink on one side and blue on the other, it is really warm - I don't use it as I got too hot the one time I tried!

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
We had a quale, in a partridge in a phesant, with a nice bit of stuffing I made. tricky job boning them out I can tell you

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE