budget bushcraft knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
This thread on BB might be interesting to some.

Decent looking knife for less than £100
1180581407_6_GZfo.jpeg

1184155785_6_rogI.jpeg

http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?116547-Budget-Bushcraft

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
This thread on BB might be interesting to some.

Decent looking knife for less than £100...

C'mon guys, it is a great looking piece of kit, but if it's seventy-five quid plus shipping it's hardly 'budget'.

I spend a lot of money on kit, but even so in my book a budget knife is less than a tenner. Maybe a lot less; I still have one that I made for nothing more than begging a broken donkey saw blade from my employer when I was sixteen.

Let's not have people thinking that you need to be a top-rate tax payer to join us at a meet.

robin wood

Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
C'mon guys, it is a great looking piece of kit, but if it's seventy-five quid plus shipping it's hardly 'budget'.

I spend a lot of money on kit, but even so in my book a budget knife is less than a tenner. Maybe a lot less; I still have one that I made for nothing more than begging a broken donkey saw blade from my employer when I was sixteen.

Let's not have people thinking that you need to be a top-rate tax payer to join us at a meet.

Fair point well made. Most of the knives I use are of the £10 variety and function as well as any other.

Tjurved

Nomad
Mar 13, 2009
Sweden
I buy all my knifes and tools second hand and I have made some great buys! Some got nice patina also! Second hand flea market is the way to go when you wanna go cheap.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
For £3.99 the Cocraft is a good knife to have as a spare, I'm tempted.
I have the other red one that I use for shaping wood.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Condor make some fairly cheap knives, traditional materials too. Might have to get one or two at some point

I picked up their camp knife and was pretty impressed with the quality, especially for the price.

2055094560106695437S600x600Q85.jpg

If their bushcraft line is of similar quality, I think they would be a good buy for someone looking for a full tang bushcraft style knife.

JDO330

Nomad
Nov 27, 2007
Stevenage, Herts.
i need a new knife does any body wheres the best place to get one and which ones are good

Heinnie.com are pretty good on price and selection. Maybe start with a Mora, I like the Allround personally. If you want something a bit more traditional (ie, wood handle), then take a look at the Condor range.

ATB, Jon.

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Yep, Heinnie! * outstanding service always and if you can't find something on there then it probably doesn't exist!

*no ties just a satified........etc, etc

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE