Brooklyn-Based, Moving to UK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hello! I currently live in Brooklyn but am moving to the UK this upcoming autumn. I’m brand new to bushcraft, so I’ve been really enjoying the beginning of my journey, joining forums and learning the very basics. I love the outdoors, and I’m excited to continue meeting people in the community!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TeeDee

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Hello and welcome to the forum. Found your thread on thebushcraftforum.com. Lots of good advice. I suspect though that you will find quite a few differences between bushcraft in the US and the UK, not least that you have a lot more broad leaf forest over there. I grew up in Westchester. Best advice is not to try to find similar, or compare, but to enjoy the differences.

Where abouts in the UK are you expecting to live? How did you find your way to an interest in "bushcraft"?

Chris

Reactions: passionflower
Hello and welcome to the forum. Found your thread on thebushcraftforum.com. Lots of good advice. I suspect though that you will find quite a few differences between bushcraft in the US and the UK, not least that you have a lot more broad leaf forest over there. I grew up in Westchester. Best advice is not to try to find similar, or compare, but to enjoy the differences.

Where abouts in the UK are you expecting to live? How did you find your way to an interest in "bushcraft"?

Chris
Thank you, Chris! I’ve definitely gotten amazing advice and am learning so much already. It’s looking like I’ll be living in Scotland, going between a university there and one in Northern Ireland as well for grad school. And l actually only learned the term “bushcraft” for the first time a few weeks ago, then I was instantly pulled in. I love nature and getting outside, but I am also very interested in foraging, building shelters, immersing myself in my surroundings, and becoming more resilient.

Reactions: Minotaur

Megatramp

Feb 16, 2024
Ashfield
Depending on where you're moving to I imagine that will be quite a change. Hope you enjoy the site and the UK.

Incidentally, whenever I see Brooklyn I immediately think of Brooklyn Machine Works; I coveted the TMX for many years. Have an urge to watch NWD now.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Hello! I currently live in Brooklyn but am moving to the UK this upcoming autumn. I’m brand new to bushcraft, so I’ve been really enjoying the beginning of my journey, joining forums and learning the very basics. I love the outdoors, and I’m excited to continue meeting people in the community!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello and welcome. I live near northern Ireland. give me a shout when you here and perhaps we might meet up and learn some things. dale x
in a group setting. Edited.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE