Bringing Knives/axes/saws Abroad

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fatduck89

Nov 19, 2007
Goffs Oak
Hey (first time posting) Me, my brother and a friend are planning a backpacking trip through the canadian Rocky Mountains, I am very intrested in Bushcraft and Survival, and Anyone with the tinyist knowledge of bushcraft/survival knows that a Knife, Axe and a Saw is absoutly essential kit. The only question I have regarding this is:

How is it possible for me to transport my knife(s) axe and saw safely to canada?

Thanks for your time, I appreaciate any responses.

Gwhtbushcraft

Settler
Nov 16, 2006
Warwickshire
There should not be a problem as long as it’s in your checked in luggage. Have a brilliant time, in the summer I went to the Canadian Rockies and canoed down the north Saskatewan River. The wildlife and the scenery are wonderful. We took all our bushcraft tools and had no problems.
Good luck
George
:)

fatduck89

Nov 19, 2007
Goffs Oak
Thanks guys, Really Appreaciate the fast responses!

This is a great forum, and I will bookmark it immediatly!

So, all I need to do is Wrap up the tools, declare them?, check it in, and all should be peachy?

Thanks again

You could of course buy them out there:D

Make sure that you plan well, and utilise this and group and others to get as much preparation in place as possible.

There are of course quite a few Canadian members here who can also help I'm sure.

Have fun and keep safe.:)

moab

Forager
Apr 26, 2007
UK
I've carried mine abroad quite often (to the USA) and never had a problem. It is worthwhile marking them as "sharps" (perhaps in one bag together) in case a physical search is conducted by security,so they do not get injured.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I find that, for your own piece of mind, that wrapping them securely (think bin liner and tape) is sensible. Also having material with you that explains their purpose (route plans, compass, maps etc.) will also go a long way to explaining them. As others have said, if they are in your hold luggage, there should be no difficulty

Red

Owen Bush

Dec 6, 2006
welling Kent
I would always wrap an axe or knives up as parcells with the contents written on the parcels ,not necesserily for the airlines but tools will go down better with police or transport police if made unusable in the imediate sense .
I have taken axe etc to canada and no probs ,Have fun.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE