Brass Lantern

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
Found a brass lantern. Looks fairly new. All it says is Hollister and willis. England. Use no petrol. Sniffed fuel tank. Didnt smell like whte gas or kerosene. Any idea what fuel it uses? Anyone heard of this vompany?

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
?Does it look like this ...

Vap300x.jpg

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Almost certainly an M320, could be a 300x or a 305 though, but the former appears to fetch a good price on eBay, the latter less so. The wick is within a priming cup which you fill with meths to heat the vapouriser tube.

Got any pics Pierre?

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Could be any one of a number of Bialaddin lamps. I think they all utilised the wick-ed priming cup one way or another.

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Could be any one of a number of Bialaddin lamps. I think they all utilised the wick-ed priming cup one way or another.

I agree, but I seem to recall that the 320 is the only model with a warning on the base regarding not using petrol. I could be wrong, but that's not on my other Vapalux or Bialaddin lamps, and I've amassed a few in the last couple of months.

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
I believe it is a 320. The only thing that has me wondering - no paint on this lamp and except on the cap over the chimney. And no sign of paint being removed. Lantern looks like it was used once. No scratches, etc.

I have no photos and no camera wth me except the one on this phone which i don't know how to use.i have I haven't got the lanter with me in car boot so I can't compare to posted photo. Certainly looks something like a that.

Last edited:

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
I've another question Pierre; Does the lantern have a crowsfoot/arrowhead on the base, or on the collar around the base of the cage? If so, it's likely that your lantern would've been green when it left the factory, destined for use by the MOD.

Oakhill wandered had a 305 which was painted in green, over blue, over green. Testament to the fact that the MOD painted and repainted them as and when they needed to.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE