Borde style meths stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

conall

Tenderfoot
Aug 25, 2009
southampton
Hi Everyone.
Been a while since I posted anything but have been busy tickering around with bits and bobs. Anyway was intrieged by the borde stove and had been looking at coil stoves and thought I would have a go at combining the two. So without further ado here it is. I used a mini deodorant can for the tank and 4mm copper tubing for the coil. used jut string as the wick into the coil and seems to work pretty good. looking foreward to using it this wk'end :eek:
10gfdw1.jpg

2nstkj8.jpg

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Nice one.

To be honest over the years I've acquired some stoves which have frightened me, irrational but a real fear, a Borde was one and 111B's...the mind is a curious thing but anyway I sold them all bar one 111B which I don't use at all; spooky.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
.... I've acquired some stoves which have frightened me, irrational but a real fear, a Borde was one ...
Hey Rik, what about the borde frightened you? I know very little about them except that they seem to have a core following amongst mountaineers. Not many use them, but they do have a hard core following.

Ed

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Treat it with respect... The Borde was called the "bomb".. and in a few cases lived up to its name I believe. However Rik is yer man about all things stove related... I think he has at least one model of every camping stove ever made !! :D

conall

Tenderfoot
Aug 25, 2009
southampton
Nice one.To be honest over the years I've acquired some stoves which have frightened me, irrational but a real fear, a Borde was one and 111B's...the mind is a curious thing but anyway I sold them all bar one 111B which I don't use at all; spooky.
Thanks Rik.I'm after a Taykit stove......don't suppose you could point me in the right direction of someone in the UK?

tenderfoot

Nomad
May 17, 2008
north west uk
My borde "bombe" is my favourite stove! elegant simplicity. it has a safety valve so is no more dangerous than many other petrol stoves and as the safety does not rely on a seal that may harden over time it may be safer than many. The coleman single burner stoves tend to set my spidey senses going though.i seem to remember a stove forum voting them "the stove most likely to be thrown into a lake" which paints a picture......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE