boots........?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I wear the altberg field & fell for work, and can't speak highly enough of them.

Last year my elderly zamberlans gave up after a couple of days in the lakes, and as i was also going to Hadrians wall, i needed some new boots quickly. I take a wide fit boot, and it normaly takes altberg 4-6 wks to make them, i could'nt wait, so got some none membrane meindl's super comfy straight out of the box.

Emile

Mar 19, 2009
Edinburgh
I've got Meindl's (island pro i think) for a few years and they're excellent. my dad's had the same pair of meindls for 15 years (though not continous use ofcourse). Theyre not cheap but so far worth the investment.

me and a mate have both owned Lowa's and although they get good reviews we both had the same problem with them. namely, part of the leather where the foot pivots (at the toes if thats clear) slowly but surely wore away and became an ever increasing tear. which wasn't very useful two months into my trip... like I said, my mate had the same so I won't be buying Lowa's again...

Langers

May 13, 2009
Brighton
I have a pair of Hanwags for winter but I find they rub when crouched around the fire alot. But i guess any sturdy boot will probably do this.

For summer Brisitsh Army desert boots with the addition of a decent insole.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Lowa Mountain GTX w Yeti's for most things. Perfect Combo...
Meindl Desert Fox for summer stuff. Lightweight comfy and fast drying
La Sportiva Makalu's for Alpine and Above Bushline. Top boots with cool lace lock system!!
Garmont Epic Carbons for Winter climbing. Stiff, lightweight, great with crampons.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE