Bonnie Bonnie Banks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
A few pics from the weekend(the only few).

Bit of background for this one methinks in case it annoys anyone.
The stone firebase was already there and doing a good job protecting the roots of a scots pine that had been toasted in the past. Somtimes I'll bust up existing rings after using them but this one was left.
Also the fire seems a bit over the top but having found an old rotting pine branch that was loaded with resin("Woohoo - fatwood!" came the cry from the undergrowth) we logged it and overdid the first load out of sheer enthusiasm.
Also Gill does actualy have a neck. It's an optical illusion caused by the size of the collar on his lumberpimp shirt. :)

LL_DEC_01.jpg

'Twas a foggy, foggy night but it lifted at lunchtime leaving pockets and whisps all over the loch.

LL_DEC_02.jpg

LL_DEC_03.jpg

The paddle back was the calmest I've had in months, was nice not to be worrying about what the wind was doing or fighting to keep the boat on track.

Cheers Gill, was great camping with you at last. Mind say hi to Wendy if you bump into her and see you again soon no doubt.
You_Punk.gif

:)
Josh

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Looks like you had good weather for it Josh, cracking pics mate.

Is that round the other side of the usual island ?

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
looks peacefull ,did you try and catch any fish for tea

I tried for breakfast but it was cold breezy and I could barely see the island we'd camped on so it wasn't for long.
Have never caught a fish on Loch Lomond. I don't think there are any fish in there. It's just an excuse to drift about. :)

North bay, tucked in. First landing more or less.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Lucky you two getting out.

Looks good Josh,saw Gills pics earlier and had a sniff of the fatwood...aahhhh bisto moment.:)

Tom.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hiya Grooveski,

Nice pics and it looks like you had a great camp, love the pitcures. And Gill :yikes: he has bigger boots than me!!! Ain't seen boots like that since a wee paper I did on the early days of the Africa Core :lmao: That and the Lumber shirts... does he like "buttered Scones for tea"?

Nice one mate.

GB.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE