Boiling water in a Klean Kanteen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tracker NTS-054

Forager
Sep 8, 2013
Nottinghamshire
Hi all,
For Christmas I recieved a lovely Klean Kanteen bottle, about 1 litre (approx 1180 ML) from the bushcraft store in stainless steel.
This might be an obvious question, but can I use it to boil water over a fire?

Cheers, Lewis

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Yes mate! I have a similar bottle and it boils great, they're BPA free and as long as there is no plastic left on the bottle when you take the lid of you're good to go :). Hope this helps :).

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Yeah, I boil in mine all the time. Just note that the moment you put a flame to it, you void the warranty (not that you really need a warranty... if it isn't DOA, then what's to go wrong with it, right?)

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Also nests great with the GSI Glacier Mug (which is identical to the Tatonka mug but a different branding).... just in case you have any difficulty finding the Tatonka and desperately want that perfect nestable mug for the best canteen in the world :)

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
I presume by clip, you mean a fish mouth spreader?

[video=youtube;SERzh5nQOuI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SERzh5nQOuI[/video]

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
I have bought the Klean Kanteen to boil water in to carry less kit on some trips. just bent a old wire coat hanger as the pot hanger, works fine.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Couldn't you just place it in the edge of a fire, keeping it stable, and build up the fire next to it?

I sit mine in the fire just as I would any pan... making sure of course that the fire won't collapse in such a way as to make it fall.
I use a gloved hand to handle it once it has boiled. Always worked fine for me :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE