Bluebells in a hidden paradise

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I was privileged today, to be invited along by a friend, to see a local springtime spectacle in a little piece of more or less untouched woodland, a few miles from home.

[video=youtube;70dPaacE-Kg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70dPaacE-Kg[/video]

The smell of the bluebells was amazing but it was nicely balanced by the aroma of wild garlic, which carpets the banks of the stream which runs through the woodland.

Very good for the soul

Steve

rancid badger

Is that the valley below Heddon - near Stephensons cottage?
It looks familiar...
And beautiful!

No John, miles away, different river valley altogether.

I'm not going to let on the location publicly, ( I'll pm it and you can check it out on Google earth or whatever) as to be honest, there are too many Walter Mittys ( young and old alike) in this area, who would be delighted to go along and make a total mess of the place under the guise of "bushcrafting", "wild camping" etc. I had no idea the woodland was accessible at all, though I've driven past the area many times over the years.

Now I've been introduced to it, I'll be popping along from time to time to explore the whole area more closely, as we only really looked at a small portion of the site due to lack of time.

Thanks all

Steve

rancid badger

I've finally sorted out a few photo's:

It's not as obvious in the photo but theres a clear trail through the bluebells, just one of quite a few.

The ramsons or wild garlic form a carpet on the stream banks

And in places the bluebells and ramsons overlap

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE