Bleak Fishing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I don't know anything about bleak. But I know what you mean about wanting to catch a specific fish. I Fly-Fish for trout, rainbows mainly, but I have always wanted to catch a Grayling but I don't know why either.

Good luck catching one :).

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
I don't know anything about bleak. But I know what you mean about wanting to catch a specific fish. I Fly-Fish for trout, rainbows mainly, but I have always wanted to catch a Grayling but I don't know why either.

Good luck catching one :).

Have a look at this mate its a piece on graylng fishing around wor end of the country ! http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/other-sport/angling/winter-grayling-fishing-north-rises-1376159 The river blyth is worth a look at too - http://www.babaa.org.uk/

cheers andrew

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
My friend is a grayling guide! He is annoyingly good at grayling fishing! So much so you feel like pushing him in :) best thing he could have done is start guiding before he got lynched at the bothy lol

I have a notion for ultra light fishing for Trout as well!

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
The Thames my man, the Thames

Indeed the Thames, and some of it's tributaries held enormous shoals of them. Back in the day their scales were used as the polish/coating for fake pearls they were so numerous. The last big shoal I saw was on the Kennet in the middle of Reading where it runs through the Oracle shopping centre. This was over a decade ago though and I've moved since then.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Yhea the little species a wonders to look at (some os the smaller wrasse can look tropical) one fish I really want to catch myself is a Dorado they are becoming more and more common in the Med every summer so I am thinking next year, me and a stretch of Italian or Greek coastline have a week or two of fishing planned together.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE