Blackfeather Knives...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Does anyone know anything about this U.S.-based knife maker?

I know it's a kind of heresy to look across the herring pond when there are so many superb exponents of this skill in the U.K., but he/they produce one model in which I am really interested.

If anyone knows how best to get in touch with them, that really would be the icing on the cake!

Many thanks, in advance, for any help that you can give.

Richard

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
There is a facebook page but I see someone on there is reporting how they haven't heard from him in a loong time. I'd make contact long before ordering anything! Sounds like he's struggling with demand but I could be doing him a disservice. The knives look good but I'd still be tempted to go get a custom from a UK knife maker......

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
I see that there is a facebook group for blackfeather and the fella is more active there. He has had some tough times in his personal life and it sounds like his partner messed around with the business side of things which has caused a lot of issues re orders etc. He hints that he's getting back into it not as a knife maker but as an artist, ie not commissions but what he wants to make and then offer it for sale. He's trying to get the back order stuff etc sorted out...

HTH

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I see that there is a facebook group for blackfeather and the fella is more active there. He has had some tough times in his personal life and it sounds like his partner messed around with the business side of things which has caused a lot of issues re orders etc. He hints that he's getting back into it not as a knife maker but as an artist, ie not commissions but what he wants to make and then offer it for sale. He's trying to get the back order stuff etc sorted out...

HTH

That's good to hear - seen too many fall down due to masses of orders!

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Think he was struggling with that too, was talking about up to 75 knives a month... Nice problem to have if you are a maker I guess but it must destroy you if you feel like you are literally nose to the grindstone. Maybe if he gets back into it as a hobby, something he wants to do it'll ramp up nicely again for him. He makes nice stuff I can only hope it does.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Think he was struggling with that too, was talking about up to 75 knives a month... Nice problem to have if you are a maker I guess but it must destroy you if you feel like you are literally nose to the grindstone. Maybe if he gets back into it as a hobby, something he wants to do it'll ramp up nicely again for him. He makes nice stuff I can only hope it does.

Wow! I think he needed to put his prices up a bit!

Reactions: Chainsaw

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE