Blackberrys

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SoloBoy

Tenderfoot
Jul 5, 2005
Liverpool
Just wondering guys,I would love to go and pick our local blackberrys from the canal near to us.But am worried about the maggotts inside them.I remember soaking them in some water as A kid but,cant remember whether it was salt or suger which made them seperate from the fruit.Is that completely wrong or is there any better solution.Any help would be ace. ;)

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
SoloBoy said:
Just wondering guys,I would love to go and pick our local blackberrys from the canal near to us.But am worried about the maggotts inside them.I remember soaking them in some water as A kid but,cant remember whether it was salt or suger which made them seperate from the fruit.Is that completely wrong or is there any better solution.Any help would be ace. ;)

Just give em a good rinse in a collander.A few maggots wont poison you. :p

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
SoloBoy said:

Look as you pick; if the core is brown and mushy... it's maggoted. :(
Cheers,
Toddy

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
out of all the blackberrys i have ate i have never come across a maggot in one

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Last summer I was a key holder for our local church responsible for locking it up every evening.

As the blackberries came out me and the kids would spend an age each night chewing our way through the grave yard as has already been suggested look at what you're eating but don't worry about the protine.

Imagine where the fertilizer for the ones we were eating had come from. :rolleyes:

Lovely fruit though!

Pib

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
The only blackberries I get to see outside of a supermarket these days look like this:-

Blackberry%207520.jpg

:(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE