Bivvi Bag and Sleeping Mat?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Home Guard

Forager
Dec 13, 2010
North Walsham, Nelson's County.
Hello,

I've recently started using a bivvi bag when bushcrafting and found them great! :)

The one I have at the moment is a goretex copy, it is quite good, but I'm fearfull of testing it's resilience to water.

Can anyone recommend a good high quality and well functioning bivvi bag?

Has you got experience of using the Snugpack Paratex?

Up until now I haven't used a sleeping mat of any kind but I have just cut down an old foam mat, but it's only about 10mm (5/8") thick.
I've looked online and there aren't really many that are thicker, and the ones that are are inflatable, which I don't want. :(

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
First of all mate try your bivvybag, you may find its perfectly ok. If your worried try soaking it with a hosepipe and checking if any water gets through.
Foam mats, you want a thicker foam mat well have a look for the Dutch army ones, sure they are 18mm thick but not the widest.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
The one I have at the moment is a goretex copy, it is quite good, but I'm fearfull of testing it's resilience to water.

Have you tested it at home? If it stands up to mains pressure you should be fine with pretty much anything modern UK weather can throw at you ;) .

EDIT: Too slow typing :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE