Bits of carpet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Anyone have any ideas what to do with strips of hessian backed carpet?
Just had one fitted and I hate chucking out the little offcuts,seems such a waste :eek:

NickBristol

Forager
Feb 17, 2004
Bristol, UK
How about sewing them into the knees of your trousers? Ideal as little pads to make kneeling work on the cold & wet rough ground easier....

I'd sew them on the inside tho - might get the odd strange look at having two bits of carpet over your knees. Of course that depends on the pattern :p

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
As EdS says, a good non chemical mulching material. Good for use around trees especially younger ones or fruit trees where they benefit from reducing the competition for water and nutrients from weeds. Simply cut into a circle (bigger is better. 0.5-1 metre diameter for smaller trees at least) and cut from the edge into the centre (cut a bit more in the centre to allow for the trunk), then you can slip this around the base of the tree. Nice and snug :)

NickBristol

Forager
Feb 17, 2004
Bristol, UK
Thought of a couple of other potential uses....

i) Pot stands to protect the grass or your lap from your hot mess tins

ii) Store the offcut in your mess kit to stop the bits rattling around

iii) Use the hessian from the back as tinder

iv) Plug the holes in a Landrover with rolled up pieces of carpet

Sure there are a million-and-one different uses... I'd have never of thought of carpet as being a grass snake habitat.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE