Bison Bushcraft knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
I've had a long look at old posts but no joy....

Does anyone know of a review of the Bison Bushcraft knife? And perhaps (what I would really like) a review of the Bison Bushcraft vs the AW Woodlore?

I'm thinking of buying one of the two, but am torn! :confused:

Cheers!
Dan

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
I seem to remember Paganwolf doing a very enthusiastic review of his Bison knives a while back...have a look through his posts...pictures were included. I have a Bison Woodcraft made to my spec - 3mm blade width, 11cm long blade and it's top class. I do like the Woodlore but at the time I was considering purchasing about 2.5 years ago I had the opportunity to inspect the Bison knives at a country show. I was very impressed by all of Roger's work, there is a good choice of styles and materials (or he'll customise) and the price was also more attractive than Woodlore. I don't think you'll go far wrong.

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
they are fantastic knives buddy you wont go wrong, the BB is a classic imo,ive used and abused mine and it takes all you can throw at it,have a chat withRoger of bison he will et you know all the setails, you can have it made to your complete spec,steel,scales(handle) scabbard ect,oh i aint forgot your wood i god a little collection going for you lol ;)

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Don't forget Allan Blade ,his knives are not as expensive as the others your looking at but they are up with the best of them in performance and finish.

quarterstaff

Aug 5, 2004
uk
My bison woodsman is my fav knife,so much so that i have a forrester in d2 with antler slabs on order,Rodger is a pleasure to deal with(i changed me slabs 3 times).If you go for it you will not regret it.
cheers

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
I like the fact you can customise your BB, but not sure about the length of the blade... At the moment I'm using a Frosts Mora knife (the one Ray calls a 'Training' knife), which is 105mm (blade), and that seems about perfect for me! The BB is only 90mm, is that much different when using it? :confused:

I have enough for an AW Woodlore at most, and don't mind paying that much if its a good knife that will last me years, so really I would like to buy the 'best' knife of the two (actually now three after seeing Gary's BFK)... So what do you think is the best of the three, not taking into account cost??

rapidboy said:
Don't forget Allan Blade ,his knives are not as expensive as the others your looking at but they are up with the best of them in performance and finish.

I can't find his website... does he have one? Can you point me in the right direction?!

Paganwolf said:
oh i aint forgot your wood i god a little collection going for you lol ;)

Cheers mate, I'm looking forward to trying out some new types of wood, and hopefully make my second spoon! Really appreciate it!! :D

Dan

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Daniel said:
I can't find his website... does he have one? Can you point me in the right direction?!

Allan's website is here
He's a great bloke to deal with and his knives are cheap as chips. I'm in the process of ordering a new scandi packpal from him.
Check e'm out :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE