Binocular repairer recommendation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
Can anyone recommend a binocular repairer? I have a pair of Hensolt Wetzlar 7 x 50 binoculars. They are a cracking bit of kit, but unfortunately require a repair/maintenance. I am prepared to send them anywhere in the UK for quality of service. Thanks in advance.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Probably one of the best around is
Glasgow Binocular Repairs
93 Hope Street
Glasgow
G2 6LD

Telephone: 0141-248 7179

Call and ask for Dougie who's very knowledgeable and helpful. No connection other than a very happy customer who also sent a lot of customers there with their optics.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
As far as i am aware Hensolt is the military section of Carl Zeiss, so if i was in your position i would be inclined to E-mail or telephone them for any information about a possible repair in the first instance.

http://corporate.zeiss.com/country-page/en_gb/home.html

http://sportsoptics.zeiss.com/company/en_gb/contact.html

I have seen this company advertise in various shooting journals including BASC magazine, and although i haven't used them personally, i have read some of the endorsements they have received and think it may be worth consideration, hope this helps.

http://www.intrasights.co.uk/services/

Last edited:

Lupis

Forager
Dec 12, 2009
Scotland
93 Hope Street
Glasgow
G2 6LD

Call and ask for Dougie who's very knowledgeable and helpful. No connection other than a very happy customer who also sent a lot of customers there with their optics.

Looks like it is now called Viking Service and Repair Centre? Or is that a different outfit in the same place?
I had been looking to get my Opticrons serviced but Opticron have a long waiting list and seemed relatively
expensive for what was needing done, so I may check this out instead.

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
Thanks for the contacts. Yes Siverback 1 the binoculars are ex military. I will email and phone all contacts tomorrow.

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
93 Hope Street
Glasgow
G2 6LD

I recently had my Viking binos lenses realigned by dougie. Cracking service, posted them recorded delivery then as I was in Glasgow for the day a week or so later I called to see if he'd done them. After a brief chat we said pop in in the afternoon to collect them.

I Was pleased with the service, just disappointed that I had to get my binos serviced as they weren't even a year old.

Orric

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Looks like it is now called Viking Service and Repair Centre? Or is that a different outfit in the same place?
I had been looking to get my Opticrons serviced but Opticron have a long waiting list and seemed relatively
expensive for what was needing done, so I may check this out instead.

Sorry should have checked, Viking Optics used Dougie for years for their repairs and have bought out the shop. Still if Dougies there I'd trust him with anything. A gentleman and a scholar.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE