billy??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
If its for paint it will have some type of coating on it to stop corrosion.
A much better option is the stainless coffee/tea caddys from the supermarket and probably cheaper.

Thetillerman71

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 9, 2012
Gloucester
Just a thought but you could have gone to any local restaurant and scrounged their rubbish commercial food containers from the skip which make ok containers for boiling or gypsy type stoves. Though I tend to avoid any have had something acidic in them as the inside looks coated with something nasty guessing it could be galvanised

Telling them its for a young child for an urgent school project normally does the trick

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
If you want a s/steel container(with lid)to make your own billy drop me a pm, you can have it for the cost of the postage.

Rob

grilled bear

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2012
Aberdeenshire
To be honest they don't look the same as in the pic, don't look galavanised but look like plain old steel. Might make a half decent hobo. My prototypes made out a sma baby milk tin.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE