Biker, Happy Joan of Arc Day!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Oh Dear Uncle Kelly,

I see one of your far off family sadly passed away; Sam Kelly of 'Allo 'Allo & Porridge fame has passed on after a long illness at the age of 70.
Kelly played prisoner Bunny Warren in the BBC's Porridge between 1974 and 1978 and Nazi captain Hans Geering in the first four series of 'Allo 'Allo between 1982 and 1987. His other roles include the ITV sitcom Barbara and On the Up, in which he appeared alongside Dennis Waterman and Joan Sims.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I wonder what they all think!! They don't join in much ;) Perhaps its become part of the training course for social services to help students identify malfunctional families :D

1)the corruption of the youth(me)

2)internet abuse/misuse

3)the damaging effects of the internet on society

4) weirdos given stage by modern technology

5) perverts

6) if you don't behave this is what will happen to you

7)the rot of moral society

etc

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Oh Dear! I fear introducing Bilmo as Captain Pugwash may bring a cannon of unfortunate urban myths into our convoluted family history.
Maybe we could try him as Noah from the wholesomely nice Noah Nelly - this would bring in Aunties Knitting habit quite nicely!

Noah and the beast of revelations, that's treading dangerous ground. Personally I prefer Noah beer and a bag of Revels.

http://www.scotlandfoodanddrink.org...ltd-ta-west---brewery-bar-and-restaurant.aspx

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Noah and the beast of revelations, that's treading dangerous ground. Personally I prefer Noah beer and a bag of Revels.

http://www.scotlandfoodanddrink.org...ltd-ta-west---brewery-bar-and-restaurant.aspx

Hmm does this Noah beer cause flooding? Should we worry or does it just cause us to see two (by two) of everything! Weirdly I bought a bag of sweeties from the hospital café today and they were Revels. Not seen them in years. I'm also remembering that there's an evil coffee flavoured sweet in there That's just so wrong. Still it'll add a dimension of danger to my nocturnal munchings.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Oh Dear! I fear introducing Bilmo as Captain Pugwash may bring a cannon of unfortunate urban myths into our convoluted family history.
Maybe we could try him as Noah from the wholesomely nice Noah Nelly - this would bring in Aunties Knitting habit quite nicely!

book of revelations goodnight.

[1] And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
[2] In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
[3] And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
[4] And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
[5] And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
[6] And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.
[7] Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.
[8] And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
[9] Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.
[10] And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
[11] He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
[12] And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
[13] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
[14] Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
[15] For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
[16] I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
[17] And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Strangley bushcrafty ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Twouldn't be good beer, if one didn't see double.
Twouldn't be good beer, if one didn't see double.

:lmao:
:lmao:
He-he
He-he

I'll have the coffee flavoured one, sucked or chomped, im not proud :D

If I could've detected them I would've happily posted them to you. Ugh!I like good coffee, but hate coffee flavoured things, sweeties, cakes, desserts. They're just wrong. And there were TWO in the blinking bag, I got caught twice.

Strangely bushcrafty ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

'I am the Shape of Things to Come, the Lord of the Flies, Holder of the Sword Sinister...The Death Bringer...I am the one who waits on the edge of your dreams.'

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Biker! Happy Jim Thorpe Day!
jim-thorpe.jpg

Pa! On this day in 1909 - Jim Thorpe makes his pro baseball pitching debut for Rocky Mount (ECL) with 4-2 win, this will cause him to forfeit his Olympic medals.
James Francis "Jim" Thorpe (Sac and Fox (Sauk): Wa-Tho-Huk, translated as "Bright Path"; May 28, 1888 – March 28, 1953) was an American athlete of both Native American and European ancestry. Considered one of the most versatile athletes of modern sports, he won Olympic gold medals for the 1912 pentathlon and decathlon, played American football (collegiate and professional), and also played professional baseball and basketball. He lost his Olympic titles after it was found he was paid for playing two seasons of semi-professional baseball before competing in the Olympics, thus violating the amateurism rules that were then in place. In 1983, 30 years after his death, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) restored his Olympic medals.
Thorpe grew up in the Sac and Fox Nation in Oklahoma. He played as part of several All-American Indian teams throughout his career, and "barnstormed" as a professional basketball player with a team composed entirely of American Indians.
From 1920 to 1921, Thorpe was nominally the first president of the American Professional Football Association (APFA), which would become the National Football League (NFL) in 1922.
He played professional sports until age 41, the end of his sports career coinciding with the start of the Great Depression. Thorpe struggled to earn a living after that, working several odd jobs. Thorpe suffered from alcoholism, and lived his last years in failing health and poverty.
In a poll of sports fans conducted by ABC Sports, Thorpe was voted the Greatest Athlete of the Twentieth Century out of 15 other athletes including Muhammad Ali, Babe Ruth, Jesse Owens, Wayne Gretzky, Jack Nicklaus, and Michael Jordan.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Thorpe

I like Bear Grylls the best and Ray Mears is rubbish

he is a superb athletic example, alot like carl lewis, but better. There where alot of multi sport athletes around at the time, can't remember the others, I will have a scout round on google a bit later. like everything else these days sport has become too serious and pedantic, money in football, drug cheats, proffessional athletes doing nothing else but play sport, pretty much ruined any sort of sportsman ship. The sooner all the big money clubs leave the premiership the better. Then we'll be able to have a good punch up again.

With respect to bear grylls I find it highly childish of you to play this game. You know it always becomes a cat fight and Ray is quite clearly better.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Thorpe

I like Bear Grylls the best and Ray Mears is rubbish

Well played Cousin Pedro I had to think twice if I'd ever said that!:D ...

he is a superb athletic example, alot like carl lewis, but better. There where alot of multi sport athletes around at the time, can't remember the others, I will have a scout round on google a bit later. like everything else these days sport has become too serious and pedantic, money in football, drug cheats, proffessional athletes doing nothing else but play sport, pretty much ruined any sort of sportsman ship. The sooner all the big money clubs leave the premiership the better. Then we'll be able to have a good punch up again. Personally when playing sport I like to wear stockings and high heels, they make my legs feel so smooth... and the support the outfits give my saggy manflesh, well.

With respect to bear grylls I find it highly childish of you to play this game. You know it always becomes a cat fight and Ray is quite clearly better.

Wow, brave of you to say on an open forum, but I applaud you. Reminds me strangely of the lumberjacks in Monty Python.

On the sport side of things I've always liked the crazy amateurs, like the chap who won the tennis tournament without a racquet, just used his bare hand. For me the saddest moment in sport was when that chap cheated at rugby with the blood capsule. I always thought that we rugby chaps were one of the last bastions of good sportsmanship. It may be rough but it was always drinks and handshakes afterwards.

I have a woman crush on Kellie nighlinger. Big smile, gets naked to play survival and is an all round up for anything top bird :D
I'm sorry to say I've never heard of this lady, I shall have to Google her immediately and see what all this kerfuffle is about:eek: ... I do like to be kept abreast of things you know!

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Blame hospital for making me morbid (gives me the time to read the obits in the paper you see) but I see Francis Matthews has died at the age of 86.

Who you say? Well you may better know him as the voice of Captain Scarlet the indestructible SPECTRUM agent. He also played Paul Temple the playboy detective.
On his voice for Captain Scarlet he said that he did "...an impression of Tony Curtis impersonating Cary Grant in Some Like It Hot."

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I have a woman crush on Kellie nighlinger. Big smile, gets naked to play survival and is an all round up for anything top bird :D

Fwwaaaur.

As for the lumberjacks it's cause they've always got wood. Out all day using there axes like big manly athletes, Paul Bunyun and the like. :coffee:Or maybe they drink too much coffeeeeeeeeeeee!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Had a wee read up on it Auntie, it has quite a few uses, WIKILINK HERE I like one of it's names - German Ginger. Seemingly also used as a flavouring for pipe tobacco. You'll be having fun with that stuff.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE